Monday, April 16, 2007

Another Appointment Over






Well, I left today's appointment a little discouraged. I was secretly hoping the Dr. would say, "her head looks great you can take off the helmet!" Of course, I know her head still has a little flatness but I was going for positive thinking. He looked at her head and said she was looking good but we could have a few more months to go. I looked at Will with one of those I am going to cry looks. He then said to the Dr., "What if we come in next month and say we are finished?". He said that would be OK too. Her forehead is now corrected which means there is no longer any worry of her eyes of ears becoming unsymmetrical. That means no surgery! He said at this point he is just being a perfectionist and he would like to see one spot on the back of her head fill out another 2 milometers. I appreciate him being a perfectionist, after all that is why we are paying him so much. At this point even if we see no change over the next month I don't think anyone else would ever notice the flat area. She already has a head full of hair and as it continues to grow it will become less and less noticeable. At the end of the appointment he said there was a good chance we would see a big improvement this month and he would then suggest removing the helmet for good! I am going to be praying for a major growth spurt and a major change. I am learning a lot about patience and trust through this experience. I am just so ready for this to all be over with.
In a previous post I mentioned taking the girls to have their pictures made outdoors. Rebecca Marr, who made the pictures, gave me permission to post two of them here. Thanks Rebecca for emailing them to me. I wanted to share them here on the site so you could see how much better Morgan's head looks. These were taken almost a month ago and her head has improved so much since these were taken. You can really see the improvement in the pictures where she is looking to the side. I also posted Avery's 4 year pictures... just because they are so adorable. Rebecca does a great job. If you are interested her website it is www.amomentintimestudio.org

No comments: