Tuesday, January 9, 2007

physical therapy apointment today

Morgan saw Mrs. Karen, her Physical Therapist, today. Morgan is doing great, and seems to have corrected the problem of favoring one side of her body over the other. We will continue to go to therapy to work on strengthening the muscles in her neck from the Torticollis. Our next appointment will be after she gets her Helmet. We don't know if the helmet will help this issue or make it worse. At this time we will just have to wait and see.

In addition to Morgan doing so well in therapy, another wonderful thing happened. We found out, after being on the waiting list since last May, Avery got in preschool today! What an answered prayer. I think Avery will really benefit from having this time for just her. Lately, she has had a hard time sharing the all the attention with Morgan. Unfortunately with all that is going on, the spot light seems to have been on Morgan a little too much. I think Avery has enjoyed me making a fuss over her today. We have spent a lot of time talking about preschool and all of the new friends she will make. Avery will be in school two days a week. We are very excited for Avery and I know she is going to love preschool. Thursday will be her first day, and she can't wait.
That is all the updates we have for now.
P.S.- It snowed today! I know that has nothing to do with Morgan's helmet but it just needed to be said! This was Morgan's first real snow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for preschools and Yeah for snow!! (I promise I wont keep "Yeahing" everything) Im loving the blog - aly

the blackwells said...

Preschool! How fun! Silas starts at a state-funded "nursery" at Elam's school next Tuesday. What that basically means is that he gets to go to a Christian preschool every morning...and we don't have to pay tuition. I love England!

-C said...

Gotta say -- I love having a way to keep up with you guys! Yeah for blogs -- that was for aly.

Ben said...

blogging's addictive, especially for us readers, glad y'all are doing it!

Patty said...

Thank you for the update. I'm BJ and Janice's friend from Muskogee. My husband Tom and I want to hold you up in prayer and come into agreement with you for complete healing for Morgan. What miracles God has done, but I believe there are bigger ones ahead. We praise God with you!
Our Love,
Tom & Patty Hiner

mandy said...

Wow preschool will be so fun. I know she will love it. Avery is such a fun, outgoing child. It will also give Mom some much needed time. thanks for the post