Friday, January 26, 2007

Stupid Things People Say...

Today we took another trip to Wal Mart. For the most part it was much easier than last week. Just a few odd glances and one or two questions about what the helmet is for. There was one comment that a lady made that I just couldn't pass up posting. I hope you get as much of a laugh out of reading it as I did hearing it straight from her mouth. "That is the smartest gadget I have seen yet. So many kids fall out of those shopping carts and get seriously injured. I think it is smart to put a helmet on her!" I didn't know what to say to her. How do you respond to a stupid statement like that. I wanted to ask her how many kids she had seen fall out of shopping carts. I am sure it does happen. I am just not sure that it happens often enough for someone to design a helmet that your child would wear while riding in a shopping cart. I just looked at her and said, "That isn't really what it is for."

On to another topic... sleep! Unfortunately, this is not a topic that I know a lot about. Morgan has not slept very well the last few nights. I hope tonight will be different. Everyone has been asking us how they can pray for her. I think as of now, sleep is our main prayer request. She seems to be doing well during the day. Unfortunately, I am so tired from being up so much at night with her, it is hard to focus on her physical therapy during the day. I am sure she will get better over time.
I will try to post a picture soon of her newly decorated helmet. We put her name on it a few days ago. It is pretty cute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am sorry to hear about the sleep problems but hopefully they will get better as morgan gets used to her pretty pink helmet. i am so happy that avery is being such a wonderful big sis. i know she is going to enjoy preschool. our prays and love are with ya'll everyday. you ever need anything.... let me know.